The club will strive to ensure that children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected and kept safe from harm whilst participating in gymnastics activities. We endeavour to promote the highest standards of care for participants and will:
- Provide and implement procedures to safe guard the well being of all participants and protect them from abuse.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of all participants.
- Adopt good practice in recruitment, training and supervision of all employees and volunteers, and provide guidance to parents and carers.
- Require all employees, members and clubs to adopt the British and Gymnastics Ireland Code of Ethics and Conduct, Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and the Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Respond to all allegations and concerns, and implement the appropriate disciplinary and appeals procedure.
- No photography and videoing will be permitted without prior agreement from parents and participants. Full details of photography and video policy can be found in the British or Gymnastics Ireland Health, Safety and Welfare policy.
The club has a child liaison officer, to whom all complaints, grievances and suspicions of poor practice should be addressed.
Matters will be dealt with confidentially and only those who need to know will be informed. Allegations of child abuse should be made directly to the designated person. Contact details for the child welfare officer and designated persons can be found placed around the centre.
The British/ Gymnastics Ireland procedures for dealing with complaints will be followed and if an issue cannot be suitably addressed at club level, the British/ Gymnastics Ireland procedures will be implemented. Full Health, Safety and Welfare Policies can be obtained at: